At Anchor, we’re on a mission to create the future of radio. To us, that means two things: building tools that make it easy for anyone to broadcast their voice in seconds (and sound good doing it), and crafting the fun, modern, addictive content experience that we’ve always wished existed. That content experience is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Freelance Contributor to help us create original audio content for Anchor Studios. You'll leverage brand new creation tools that make it easy and fun to tell your story, and broadcast your audio out to an Anchor station. Your focus will be on planning, writing, and recording audio content daily that is entertaining, informative, and addictive. No experience with professional audio equipment is required for this role. If you love to talk (and are good at it), and have a passion for news, tech, music, TV, or something else that drives mainstream culture, this role is for you.
- Developing content for an Anchor audio station on a daily basis
- Writing and producing original audio content that is fun, addictive, and easy to listen to
- Ensuring that your Anchor station is awesome and something that people want to hear every single day
- Depending on the topic you'll be covering, you'll be expected to produce 10-30 minutes of audio per day
- Really, really creative (as in, you do something and people are like, "wow, that was really creative")
- Passionate about a specific topic or genre of content (e.g. News, pop culture, etc)
- A great conversationalist. You have a lot to say, and people like talking to you at parties.
- A natural inclination to be plugged into social media and an innate awareness of what’s going on in the world and on the internet
- Deep understanding of ~content~ and what makes it spread organically
- A passion for audio
- Bonus points for professional experience as a creator in a media-related industry